When you’re designing a website, it’s important to remember that less is more. If you overload your website with content, people won’t read it. They’ll be overwhelmed by the amount of words on the page and they’ll leave your website without taking any action. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the importance of concise and specific content, while utilizing rich keywords on your website. We’ll also provide some tips for creating effective website copy!
When you’re creating website copy, it’s important to be strategic about the amount of content you include. You want to include enough information so that people understand what your website is all about, but you don’t want to overwhelm them with too much text. It’s a delicate balance, but it’s one that’s worth paying attention to.
Here are some 6 statistics to help prove our case:
– Web users scan pages, rather than reading them word for word.
– As few as 15% of website visitors read more than half of the text on a page.
– People are much more likely to take action if your website is concise and easy to read.
– Most website visitors spend less than 15 seconds on a page.
– Long paragraphs are off-putting to website visitors. They prefer shorter, easier to digest chunks of text.
– The average person reads at a grade level of about eighth grade. So, your website copy should be written accordingly.
One of the reasons you want to be strategic about the amount of content on your website is because people are more likely to engage with website copy that is concise and specific. They don’t want to wade through a novel-worth of text in order to find the information they’re looking for. If they can’t find what they need quickly, they’ll leave your website and never come back.
In addition to being concise and specific, you also want to make sure that your website copy is rich in keywords. This will help improve your website’s search engine ranking and it will help people find your website more easily. When you’re selecting keywords, make sure to choose ones that are relevant to your business and that people are likely to search for.
Here are some statistics related to adding rich keywords on your website and why you should include rich keywords in your copy:
– Keywords in website copy can increase traffic by up to 25%.
– Including keywords in your website’s title can improve its ranking by up to 53%.
If you want your website to be successful, it’s important to focus on the quality of your content. Make sure that your website copy is concise, specific, and rich in keywords – and you’ll see a big improvement in terms of website traffic and engagement!